The CRTC limits access to the Canadian NPAC to entities obliged to participate in number portability in Canada and others who satisfy criteria established by the members of the CLNPC, to protect their data and to ensure that this data is accessed only by entities who intend to use it for the benefit of those members and their customers.
Apply for Authorized Access
Canadian NPAC data cannot be used in delivery or support for unsolicited telecommunications and cannot be re-distributed without express authorization
Complete and submit the Application Form
Help us to assess your application:
- Provide a clear example of how the data will be used and by whom
- Provide a clear description of how you plan to access the data
- On receipt, CLNPC Management will assess your request and may contact you for further information. This process generally takes 10-12 business days.
- At the close of the review period, and provided there are no unresolved questions or objections about the application, the CLNPC will provide a standard form of agreement for your review and signature.
- Access will be authorized upon receipt of your signed agreement, and payment of the admin fees.
PLEASE NOTE: all Non-Member access agreements are subject to a schedule of fees depending on the level of access, which will be discussed during the application process.
- Routing: the transportation of telecommunications traffic
- Rating: the determination of applicable charges for telecommunications traffic
- Billing: the rendering of a bill for telecommunications traffic
- Analytics Services: services comprised of the analysis of calling party details, typically for fraud mitigation
Interested parties may apply for access to Canadian portability corrected information to be used to deliver a service or services to Canadian subscribers or to re-distribute the information to parties who will deliver a service or services to Canadian subscribers.
Below are some examples of acceptable uses of Canadian portability corrected data by non-Members.
- Validation of line-type and/or carrier for the purpose of terminating traffic
- Two factor authentications
- Billing settlements reconciliation
Redistribution of portability corrected data (such as line-type, and carrier of record) is permitted under specific circumstances, and with certain restrictions. For more information, please contact the CLNPC on the Contact Us page.
Unsolicited telemarketing is not acceptable, interested parties will be required to confirm that they are not engaged in unsolicited telemarketing.
Please complete and submit the Application Form. The information which you provide will allow us to get to know you and your intended use of Canadian portability corrected data.